2019 ROBERT BURNS NIGHT
January 26, 2019
United Farmers Market
Tickets available on line at:
or at Left Bank Books on Church St.
Read on for more details!
Karina Shorten returns as leader of our annual Scottish whisky tasting this year with 5 new whiskies to sample. Karina holds a Masters of Science in Social Anthropology from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. While there, she put her time to good use by visiting whisky distilleries throughout Scotland. She will be your guide as you:
- learn the proper way to taste whisky
- learn about the distilleries of our whiskies and why each one is unique
- identify classic whisky producing regions of Scotland
- learn about how whisky is made
- learn the difference between a smoky whisky, a peaty whisky, and a cask finish
At the end of the tasting, you will take home tasting notes on our whiskies and ideas on where you can continue learning about Scottish whisky. After the tasting we will host a traditional Robert Burns Supper with food, music, and poetry.